What is Overload?
Overload NZ Anime & Manga Convention is a community-focused annual event where local indie comic and manga artists can exhibit and sell their work. With food stalls and a range of anime and manga themed stalls, there is something for everyone.
Join this entertaining, fun event to help encourage, promote and support young local comic/manga artists. Overload is a non-profit venture, and we greatly rely on our amazing sponsors, so throughout the whole day at our sponsor booths, the dedicated staff from NZ local art and hobby businesses will sell manga, anime DVDs, and genuine collectible goodies.
Who are we?
Overload committee has been holding Overload events since 2006. It is a non-profit voluntary group under the direction of Anime NZ Ltd.
Aims & Goals
The initial aim of Overload was to give New Zealand anime and manga artists an opportunity to showcase their artworks. While this is still the underlying theme the event itself has grown to include many strands of anime and manga fandom; cosplay, live performance, and fan-made merchandise have all added to a festive atmosphere. In recent years Overload has expanded to include western art styles and comics by inviting local pop-culture artists. This year promises to be even more exciting!
These rules apply to all who attend Overload, including exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers and visitors/members of the public. Please keep these rules in mind and help make Overload a pleasant and special experience for all.
All attendees to the event must adhere to the following rules:
- Do not engage in activities that interfere with other attendees.
- Weapons, dangerous goods, alcohol, drugs and animals are prohibited at the event.
- Do not block or place items in front of fire exits.
- When taking photos please ensure you have the permission of the subject.
- Follow the directions of Overload Staff or designated volunteers.
- The Overload committee reserves the right to deny entry to the event or remove any persons considered a nuisance.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times.
- Any and all transactions between an artist / vendor and customer are the responsibility of said parties.
- No filming allowed without express permission from the Overload committee.
- Please note filming by the Overload committee or permitted persons will be taking place at the event.