What is Overload?
Overload is an annual New Zealand Anime/Manga Community event. It is a dynamic gathering of local fans and creative enthusiasts celebrating a shared love of the Art and Culture of Anime & Manga. It’s a cheerful convention with a friendly atmosphere at which indie comic and manga artists can exhibit and sell their creations. This one-day festive event features International Guest appearances, Cosplay, local J-pop Idol performances, and other entertainment. Genuine Anime, Manga, Figures, and collectible goodies are available from local retailers.
Who are we?
Overload committee has been holding Overload events since 2006. It is a non-profit voluntary group under the direction of Anime NZ Ltd.
Aims & Goals
The initial aim of Overload was to give New Zealand anime and manga artists an opportunity to showcase their artworks. While this is still the underlying theme the event itself has grown to include many strands of anime and manga fandom; cosplay, live performance, and fan-made merchandise have all added to a festive atmosphere. In recent years Overload has expanded to include western art styles and comics by inviting local pop-culture artists. This year promises to be even more exciting!
These rules apply to all who attend Overload, including exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers and visitors/members of the public. Please keep these rules in mind and help make Overload a pleasant and special experience for all.
All attendees to the event must adhere to the following rules:
- Do not engage in activities that interfere with other attendees.
- Weapons, dangerous goods, alcohol, drugs and animals are prohibited at the event.
- Do not block or place items in front of fire exits.
- When taking photos please ensure you have the permission of the subject.
- Follow the directions of Overload Staff or designated volunteers.
- The Overload committee reserves the right to deny entry to the event or remove any persons considered a nuisance.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times.
- Any and all transactions between an artist / vendor and customer are the responsibility of said parties.
- No filming allowed without express permission from the Overload committee.
- Please note filming by the Overload committee or permitted persons will be taking place at the event.