Overload Art Competition
Design a giant robot to defend mankind!
You will find this year’s entries displayed near the ticketing area.
Winners announced on stage at 3PM.
This year we are challenging you to design a huge powerful robot capable of fighting a deadly threat to humanity. This is Overload’s first time hosting a mecha themed art competition and we have chosen this to coordinate with the Evangelion Art Exhibition at Overload 2022. Unleash your imagination and design a powerful giant robot. This fun art competition is for all ages!
How to Participate?
1. Design a giant robot using the template provided. This template is A3 size/3508 x 4961 pixels (png or psd file).
If you prefer working ‘hands on’ with traditional media, please print out the template in colour. Then, when finished, scan and send it to us (see #3).
Having a template helps us to frame all qualified entries and to display them at Overload.
2. Design a giant robot. You must include your robot’s front and back views and show three detailed parts of your choice (for example head, arm and weaponry). We suggest you add some description of the robot such as height, weight and weapons.
Example of Template in Use
For an example, the Overload Graphic Design team came up with a ‘Mech Nindoro Mk.1’. He has a Shuriken cannon and a Pen Spear as weapons, which will protect us from any deadly threat.
These superb prizes are provided by BANDAI NAMCO ASIA and will be awarded on the Overload Stage – 23 April 2022. The Cloud, Queens Wharf, Auckland. Time to be advised.
Judge/s: Overload Graphic Designer team
Award Ceremony: At the Overload Stage, 23 April. Time to be advised.
For any queries or concerns related to the competition, please feel free to email us at: comic[email protected]
General Rules and Entry Criteria
There are no restrictions on your creativity or style; you are free to present whatever you can imagine relating to the theme, but most importantly, you must include your robot’s front and back views and show three detailed parts of your choice (for example head, arm and weaponry). We suggest you add some description of the robot such as height, weight and weapons.
- Only one entry may be submitted per person and it must be created specifically for this competition. Only an original illustration will be accepted.
- Artists must be based in New Zealand. Entries from outside New Zealand will not be accepted.
- Works infringing on Copyright and Trademark law will not be accepted.
- Your illustration can be created in digital and/or traditional media, but we will only accept submissions as digital image files. If your work is non-digital please provide us with a high quality scan.
- Please ensure that your work is submitted with the following specifications:
- A3 size / 3508 x 4961 pixels.
- Works must be submitted on one of the supplied templates.
- 300 dpi resolution for colour, 600 dpi resolution for black and white.
- RGB Colour Mode.
- File types PNG, or flattened PSD will be accepted.
- All competition entries will be on display to the public, and therefore must adhere to legal standards of decency.
- By submitting your artwork you grant Overload the right to use it for the promotional and marketing activities of both Overload and our sponsors Epson NZ, BANDAI NAMCO. You retain copyright of your illustration.
- In submitting your illustration you agree to abide by these rules. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm, Sunday 3 April 2022