To celebrate Japan Day 2018, Japan Day and Overload are co-hosting an Art Competition. In line with
this year’s Hoko10 theme, ‘Ghibli Studio Movie World’, we want to know how you would imagine a
festival celebration featuring your favorite Ghibli movie character(s). It could be a collection of
characters having fun at a Cherry Blossom festival or could be a scene of Chihiro and No-face (Kaonashi)
arriving at a festival by Catbus. We want you to share your Ghibli inspired creations with us at Japan
Day. All qualified entries will be displayed in The Cloud, Japan Day, 25th of February 2018, so around
60,000 people can appreciate your work.
Theme: Ghibli Studio at the Festival
General Rules and Criteria
There are no restrictions on your creativity or style, you are free to present whatever you can
imagine in any way you like providing it’s family friendly, relates to the theme and follows the
following rules and criteria:
- Only one entry may be submitted per person.
- Artists must be based in New Zealand. Entries from outside New Zealand will not be
- You must put at least one Ghibli Studio movie character drawn by you in your
- All submissions must be created around the theme “Ghibli at the festival”. The artist is
free to interpret the theme as they choose.
- Your illustration can be created using digital and/or traditional media, but we can only
accept submissions as digital image files. If your work is non-digital please provide us
with a high quality scan, or photograph of the original.
- Please ensure that your work is submitted with the following specifications:
- A3 size / 3508 x 4961 pixels.
- 300 dpi resolution for colour, 600 dpi resolution for black and white.
- If colour, CMYK Colour Mode.
- File types JPEG, PDF, or flattened PSD will be accepted.
- Images may be in portrait or landscape orientation.
- All competition entries will be on display to the public, and therefore must adhere to the
legal standards of decency.
- By submitting your work you grant Japan Day and Overload the right to use your image
for the promotional and marketing activities of both Japan Day and Overload and our
prize sponsors. You retain copyright of your work.
- In submitting your work you agree to abide by these rules. The judge’s decision is final
and no correspondence shall be entered into.
How to enter:
You just submit your work online via this registration form.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm, Thursday 15th February 2018
The winners will be announced: 25th of February 2018 at The Cloud, Queens
Judge/s: Overload Committee Graphic Design Team
For any queries or concerns related to the competition, please feel free to email us at:
- August 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- August 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- March 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- October 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012