2021 Call For Volunteers
While volunteer positions have been filled, if you’re interested in being backup, please feel free to continue registering your interest to Volunteer for Overload 2021.
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to help out with Overload!
- You must be 18 years or older, or have the permission of a parent/guardian.
- You must have a mobile phone to liaise with the committee and other volunteers.
- You need to be dressed tidily on the day. Unfortunately, cosplaying is not okay as you will need to wear a high visibility vest.
Friday (23rd April):
We require volunteers to help us with the setting-up of the venue including sponsor/artist tables, stage equipment and any displays or exhibitions.
We expect you to be available to assist with set-up at The Cloud from 9:00am until 5:00pm.
Saturday (24th April):
We require volunteers to help us with numerous activities throughout the day:
- Assisting with the tagging of overload attendees with appropriate wristbands
- Assisting with event floor management
- Checking for valid wristbands at the doors
- Stage assistants
- Clean-up and pack-out crew
- Directing traffic
- Other miscellaneous activities
We expect you to be available for at least 6 hours between 8:00am and 8:00pm. Volunteers will be allocated to shifts to allow plenty of time for breaks and to enjoy the event. If you wish to see a specific event or require a break at a specific time, please include the details in the application form.
We are on the lookout for enthusiastic Cosplayers willing to volunteer with assisting the café team, serving themed food & beverages and interacting with customers.
- Cosplaying! Any anime/manga character of your choice! Just make sure you can be mobile. You’re also welcome to give their outfit a maid/butler twist if you wish (not essential).
- Taking customers’ food and beverage orders.
- Serving food and beverages to customers.
- Operating cash register / accepting payments.
- Clearing away used dishes / cutlery from tables.
- Cleaning and preparing tables for use.
- Volunteer for a 3-4 hour shift between 10am-5pm.
We require volunteers to take photographs at Overload and help us also with touching up the photographs. You are expected to have experience in photography to apply for this role and expected for the same duration of at least 6 hours between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm on the Saturday, as well as afterwards (to liaise with us regarding the photographs).