What is Overload?
Overload is a NZ Comic and Manga Convention where local comic and manga artists can exhibit and sell their artwork to the public, with plenty of exciting events such as competitions, art exhibition and Anime/Manga merchandise for sale. Overload showcases a range of amateur artwork in a community focused event where everybody can have fun and learn to improve their art.
Overload (previously called Doujin Overload) has taken place as a single day event since 2006 at the Mercure Hotel in Auckland CBD. At its inception it hosted around 30 artists and 190 visitors. It has steadily grown to have around 170 artists and 2000 visitors (2014) at the much larger ASB Stadium (since 2013). Every year we host a multitude of fun activities such as Cosplay, Comic competition and an Art Exhibition of an internationally renowned Japanese Anime Artist.
Who are we?
Overload committee has been holding Overload events since 2006. It is a non-profit voluntary group under the direction of Anime NZ Ltd.
Aims & Goals
The initial aim of Overload was to give New Zealand anime and manga artists an opportunity to showcase their artworks. While this is still the underlying theme the event itself has grown to include many strands of anime and manga fandom; cosplay, live performance, and fan-made merchandise have all added to a festive atmosphere. In recent years Overload has expanded to include western art styles and comics by inviting local pop-culture artists. This year promises to be even more exciting!
These rules apply to all who attend Overload, including exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers and visitors/members of the public. Please keep these rules in mind and help make Overload a pleasant and special experience for all.
All attendees to the event must adhere to the following rules:
- Do not engage in activities that interfere with other attendees.
- Weapons, dangerous goods, alcohol, drugs and animals are prohibited at the event.
- Do not block or place items in front of fire exits.
- When taking photos please ensure you have the permission of the subject.
- Follow the directions of Overload Staff or designated volunteers.
- The Overload committee reserves the right to deny entry to the event or remove any persons considered a nuisance.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at all times.
- Any and all transactions between an artist / vendor and customer are the responsibility of said parties.
- No filming allowed without express permission from the Overload committee.
- Please note filming by the Overload committee or permitted persons will be taking place at the event.
- February 2017
- August 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- March 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- October 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012