Artist Setup Information
This page is information you will need to know for exhibiting at Overload.
This page provides set up guidelines for artists that have completed registration for Overload, and have been allocated a table. These guidelines may be updated in response to directives by the New Zealand Government with regards to Covid-19, venue management policy, or other unexpected circumstances.
While we will endeavour to update our artists via email, please also keep an eye on this page in case of any updates. If you have a new email address and/or wish to change the primary email associated with your registration, please let us know at [email protected]. If you have helpers or other artists that will be with you at Overload, please inform them of any updates we send you via email and/or direct them to this page.
- Set-up times are 2:00pm to 5:00pm, 07 October (Friday, the day before the event) and 8:00am to 10:00am 08 October (Event day). Entry for you and your helpers will only be allowed with proof of artist registration.
- When you are being dropped off or unloading/loading goods from a vehicle, please make sure you have a driver/assistant as you will not be able to just leave goods and/or your vehicle unattended. Speed limit around the venue is 5km/hour.
- Make sure to check-in using the NZ COVID Tracer app when you enter the venue. QR codes will be available at the entrance.
- Under the New Zealand Government’s Covid-19 Protection Framework for indoor events, approved proof of vaccination must be shown on entry. We recommend that you wear face covering and use hand sanitisers often.
- Make sure your table set-up doesn’t raise any health and safety issues. You may only put up stands or displays no higher than 1m above the table and they must be secure and stable. If you want to put up anything higher you must submit a Health and Safety Hazard plan to us. If your set-up is judged to be a hazard by venue staff, it will have to be modified or removed.
- Please fold your table and stack your chairs after the event closes, and clean and tidy your area before you leave.
- Please be aware that anything which could produce fire or smoke shall not be allowed inside The Cloud. Please keep your general area safe and clear of any tripping hazards.
- Bring enough cash, change, food and/or drinks, and warm clothes. The Cloud is located at the waterfront, and it can get very cold!
Health & Safety
The Overload Committee wishes to make sure Overload is a safe event for all exhibitors and attendees. As a requirement of entry to Overload, all artists and associates must have read and understood the ‘Overload Health and Safety plan’ which will be provided at least one month before Overload 2022. Please ensure in advance that your set-up is safe and non-disruptive to event-goers and other artists.
If you have any potential hazards (we consider this anything that may cause injury or damage to event goers, other artists and/or the venue – for example, walkway obstructions) you must fill out this “Health and Safety Hazard Plan” document and email it to us no later than 16 September 2022. Here is a sample form for your reference.
Under the New Zealand Government’s Covid-19 Protection Framework for indoor events, approved proof of vaccination must be shown on entry. We recommend that you wear face covering and use hand sanitisers often.
Main artist set-up time begins at 8:00 am, 08 October (Saturday, event day). We recommend that you plan to finish your setup early in case of any emergencies or other issues that may come up. You must complete your setup before 10:00 am.
DAY BEFORE EVENT DAY
If you wish to use the early set-up time on 07 October (Friday, the day before the event), please pre-register with us using this form. The set-up time is from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. You must bring your own Hi-Viz vest and wear closed-toe shoes, otherwise we will deny you entry to the venue.
Please present your e-ticket (artist pass) at the entrance. We will provide 2 artist wristbands for venue access during the event. You will not be permitted entry for set-up without your artist pass. No pass = No entry. No exceptions. This also applies to your helpers.
Loading and Unloading
When you are being dropped off or unloading/loading goods from a vehicle, please use the Layby area on the same side of the roundabout as The Cloud (shown below with a ‘star’). Your vehicle pauses and unloads/loads at the edge of the roundabout whilst the main usual wharf traffic carries on around the roundabout. To avoid any traffic congestion, please leave as soon as possible. All vehicles left unattended may be towed away, at the owner’s expense. For this reason please make sure you have a driver/assistant as you will not be able to just leave goods on the ground. Speed limit around the venue is 5km/hour.
First Aid / Fire / Emergency
St. John’s First Aid station is located outside of the venue entrance area. In case of fire, venue / Overload staff will call 111 immediately and evacuation should be commenced. Please exit the building immediately using the nearest Fire Exit under our fire warden’s and security staff’s instruction. The gathering point is beside the red fence on Quay street.
Clean-up time is between 6:00pm and 7:30pm, 08 October (Event day).
You can only start packing and moving your things from 6pm to 7.30pm, 08 October. You are obliged to remove all your rubbish from your area. Rubbish bins will be available around the venue for general and recyclable waste. Please separate and dispose of your rubbish correctly, make sure your area is left clean and tidy, fold your table and stack the chairs.